Oh, dear. That is too bad, Beth. Wonder where he'll end up??

I watched a rerun of Oprah yesterday. Seems there was a young boy who lost both legs at 16 due to freakish complications from mono. Oprah, during her Wildest Dreams phase, read many letters written about this boy and how courageous he was, and decided to make his dream of meeting the NY Yankees come true. Donald Trump donated his helicopter to fly my Jeter to the boy's high school and surprised him at a pep rally. Then Jeter flew back to Yankee Stadium with the boy and his parents, had him come back to the locker room, meet all the players and coaches, and Jeter even cleared out his locker and let the boy use it. Then, they took him out to the field and Jeter even played catch with him. They also gave him box seats and he and a bunch of his friends attended the game. I was bawling my eyes out the entire time, even though I've seen this episode before. Even better, by the time the episode originally aired, the boy was using prosthetic legs, and walked onto the stage (albeit with great difficulty) and Oprah gave him $50G for medical bills, and sent him and his family on a cruise. It was too sweet. What an amazing kid he was!!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club