Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
Gina, a win is a win. And your Willy got the RBI single that won the game!!
You're right, SB. Truly, I was happy for most of the team (especially Willy, who also stole two bases!) - Oswalt pitched an incredible game, and we finally got our offense together...10 runs is not very common for us! It's just that our bullpen is any team's nightmare. Each and every one of those guys in there has been great at some point or another, but it's like they alternate having terrible outings. I only completely trust two of our relievers, now. And I'm really worried about Lidge - to go from what he was (Lights Out) to what he is now...I can't help but think back to the Pujols homer in the playoffs and wonder if it's gotten to him. ), but it's the same ol' story for the fans to see the bullpen blow (or nearly blow) the game.

Thanks for the story on that umpire - how funny! I kept hearing about it on ESPN, but I never got the full story. Though I didn't actually see the play, I sure hope Koby isn't getting any special treatment from the umpires just because he's a Clemens. Then again, umps are umps, and someone's always going to be mad at them.