Beth, I love Gerard Butler too. My sister watches crap movies like Attila and stuff just to see him. He was Dracula too, in Dracula 2000. And if you haven't seen the second Lara Croft movie, check it out... he's in it, doing pullups in a prison, wearing a wifebeater. Hot.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
My boys won again yesterday.
I love the word again when it follows the words "my boys won."

And so did mine-- I don't know if any of you have heard anything about the two Laker games this weekend. Intense.

Especially on Sunday, wow. It was such a close game all throughout, and then with like a minute left in the game, we were down by 5 and people were leaving. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE LEAVE GAMES EARLY!!!! It pisses me off. And to those idiots, I say ha, ha ha, ha HAH! Because they missed out on some of the biggest, most amazing plays of the whole season.

So we're down by 5 pts, there's like 12 seconds left, the Lakers pull some major hustle and tie up the game. 12 seconds!! Do you know what that is? That's like nothing. I know people who blink slower than that. And the way we tied it up was so beautiful... Smush Parker made a great three, and then proceeded to steal the ball from Nash with 7 seconds remaining, got it to George who passed it to Kobe, who of course, made a layup with 0.7 seconds left to tie the game and get us into overtime.

THEN, overtime was even more intense! We kept falling back by 3 points, and catching up, you know how it goes. Then with 6 seconds left, we're down by 1 point, Nash has the ball, and Luke Walton just goes for it. Like just straight up grabs the ball and they're pulling it back and forth, neither one is letting go. I'm SO glad Luke didn't give up, man. So they did a jump ball, and Luke tipped it almost out of bounds towards Kobe, who grabbed it, took it down and made a jump shot right at the buzzer. I've seen like 30 replays of that play, and I can't get tired of seeing it, I get goosebumps watching it. All of the 4th quarter, the crowd was louder than I've ever heard it at any game, but as soon as he made that last shot, I know I've never heard THAT much noise in my life. The place absolutely exploded. And everyone was so glad that BOTH of the biggest turnovers in the game were Nash... MV-who?

Only the Lakers can pull something like this. I love this team so much. They are the personification of the saying, "It ain't over 'till it's over."

Here's a video of both of those plays, check it out. And look at the crowd right as Kobe's last shot goes in, everyone jumps to their feet at the same time. It was SO incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb88sDhKy5s

Sasha did really well too, you know I have to throw that in. He played almost half an hour, made 9 points. And looked damn good doing it, too.

So anyway, the Lakers are up 3-1 in this series now; if (when ) they win tomorrow night, it's all over for the Suns.

AND... after yesterday's game, Kobe went to the hospital where his wife was in labor, and they had a baby girl at like 2 in the morning, I believe. What a day for him, huh?! And on the other coast, Shaq's wife had a baby girl too... the two babies were born within 6 minutes!! That's a crazy coincidence.