Another reason to hate Bonds...

Quote:
Barry shuns Gonzo
By Pedro Gomez
PHOENIX -- Before Wednesday night's game, the Arizona Diamondbacks honored Luis Gonzalez for becoming the 21st major league player ever to have 300 home runs and 500 doubles. It's a club that includes Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Ted Williams, Frank Robinson, Cal Ripken and George Brett, among others. Gonzalez reached the milestone with a sixth-inning double Tuesday night.
The only other active major leaguer in the exclusive club is Barry Bonds. The Diamondbacks asked Bonds if he would be present on the field with Gonzalez, who has always had the utmost respect for Bonds and who obliged with an interview for an upcoming episode of Bonds' reality-type show, for the presentation.

Bonds declined, which may not have been the worst thing in the world for Gonzalez since fans might have been in a quandary over whether to cheer or boo.

Bonds did not join the majority of Giants players on the top step of their dugout applauding for Gonzalez.
What a jerk. :rolleyes:

SB, yes, the player we're "dealing with" right now is Jeff Bagwell. It's been a tough situation. He was an incredible player for so many years, and he meant a lot to the club, but now, he's refusing to throw in the towel when it's probably the best time to do so. Because of his "determination," we weren't able to collect on an insurance claim and ended up losing about 15 million, I believe. I feel bad for him, but I've also lost a lot of respect for him.