GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 670 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,962
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,668
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,489
Posts1,061,837
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 98 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 97 98
Re: The Ladies' Thread #260916
01/17/06 05:38 PM
01/17/06 05:38 PM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
DB, I just saw the picture of Maria you posted for me, by the way. Thanks! If I knew how to spell the grunt that she does, I'd end my post with that. Actually, I'd end every post with that.
You could spell out that moan or shriek (or whatever it is) if you want, but I think it's against the rules - the GBB is a PG-13 website, after all. :p

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260917
01/17/06 05:42 PM
01/17/06 05:42 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Hey DB.....There's some interesting stuff in the Yahoo BB thread today..... :p

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: The Ladies' Thread #260918
01/17/06 05:52 PM
01/17/06 05:52 PM
Don Sicilia Offline
Don Sicilia  Offline

SB - Sounds to me like your husband is so secure with you that all the other stuff is just superfluous periphery. That, my friends, is confidence!

As for my own planning, whether or not I'm NID, I'm involved by necessity because it's a bit tough for my fiancee to plan from out of state. In any case, my thinking is I should help whenever I can to relieve my fiancee's stress in the next few months. My jobs include securing the photographer/videographer and the reception. I think contract negotiations are fun anyway, so all the better.

However, when it comes to things like wedding favors or the flowers in the bouquet, I don't mind staying out of the decision making.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260919
01/18/06 05:23 PM
01/18/06 05:23 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
DS, What a gentleman you are!! I'm SURE that security in our relationship is what prompted him to compare our marriage to being incarcerated for life in a maximum security prison!!

Glad to hear that your helping our your fiancee with some of the details. What a guy!!

Gina, oh Gina!! Where are you, Gina?! I want to know more about that party!!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: The Ladies' Thread #260920
01/18/06 06:52 PM
01/18/06 06:52 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline OP
ginaitaliangirl  Offline OP

Texas
Hey SB,

Okay, party details, considering they might help in your daughter's party planning.

I turned 17, but I suppose interests would be about the same between that year and 16. I'm not sure how my group of friends compares with others - most parties I hear about at school involve just dancing/music, and I guess that's about it. Our idea of a good time includes moonwalks, playing baseball/basketball outside, playing Twister, and wearing balloon hats. Basically, we act like kids.

Does your daughter have friends over at other times, perhaps just to hang out? If so, what do they enjoy doing? I'd love to suggest ideas for what kind of a party you could throw, but I think it all depends on your daughter's interests, as well as her friends. My mom always tells me that you've got to have some kind of a game to keep the guests entertained, and I suppose that's true - the moonwalk, however, provided enough entertainment for this party.

Something that I've learned is that you can do just about anything at a birthday party. I had an I Love Lucy birthday when I was younger - we set up three games, a Vitameatavegamin one (We all had to read the script, using a giant blow-up microphone, and we voted on who did it the best.), a grape-stomping one (We used black balloons, and we had to stomp on them until they popped, and I think we had pieces of paper inside each one that granted the popper a prize.), and a candy factory one (We set up a table with a "conveyor belt" made of paper, and my dad rolled the paper along the table as my mom placed M&Ms on it one by one; we had to pick them up one at a time as they came by, and wrap them in tissue paper. The highlight of the party was when my dad sped it up, and the paper actually broke off the table!). My parents were really responsible for my having such crazy, yet memorable birthdays - they had a lot of creative ideas, and everything was always so fun.

If your daughter has a particular interest in something (such as my I Love Lucy interest), you could think up a wild party theme, as well! But, if she's not up for something like that, I'm sure a general birthday party would be just as fun. Usually, so much planning goes into a party, but once it starts, all the worries about people having a good time are gone, because everyone ends up loving it.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260921
01/18/06 08:04 PM
01/18/06 08:04 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Happy belated birthday Gina. What is this moon walk thing you were talking about? I'm glad you had a great day

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260922
01/18/06 08:09 PM
01/18/06 08:09 PM
New York
Meggie Offline
Underboss
Meggie  Offline
Underboss
New York
Wow! That would eb wonderful, a Beach wedding. I have been to two and they are simply beautiful!

LA BELLA MAFIA
Re: The Ladies' Thread #260923
01/18/06 08:34 PM
01/18/06 08:34 PM
Texas

Texas
Thanks, Mig!

The moonwalk I mentioned is a common party "attraction" - here's a picture of one:

It's basically a giant blow-up room, like a trampoline, but even more fun. There's an entrance on one "wall," and netting on the other three, and you can jump around inside it. I suppose it's commonly used with smaller kids, but a couple of big kids enjoy them, too. You can rent them for parties, for a day, which is what we did.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260924
01/18/06 08:50 PM
01/18/06 08:50 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Oh ok I didn't realize they were called Moonwalk. Yea that would be fun to jump in at my old age I'm just a kid at heart. Are you a Jr. this year?

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260925
01/18/06 09:04 PM
01/18/06 09:04 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Gina, that sounds great. I'm glad to hear that you had so much fun!! Gosh, your parents ARE creative!! At my daughters' parties, we usually did stuff like decorate T-shirts, with paint. We also made Shrinky-Dink necklaces one year. Since my youngest daughter's birthday is in September, I once bought a bunch of those black "velvet" folders (you can get them in craft stores. They're usually posters, but I found school folders) that you can color, and the kids did those. Nothing nearly as creative as your parties, although we did do a "Grease" party last year when she turned 15.

The only thing she has mentioned is that she wants to have it in the yard and wants lots of lights strung up around the patio. We're having a pool put in, and she has voted down a swim party, but would like it pool-side. The only other thing she would like is something one of her friends did at her Quincenera (I know I spelled that wrong and I apologize to anyone here who speaks Spanish). She played a special song and danced with her father for the first few moments, then picked people at the party until she had danced with all the guests. My daughter's already picked the song - "Baby When I See You Smile".

Meggie, Weddings on the beach sounded soooo romantic to me, until I saw one in Florida. It had rained all day, so they moved the ceremony to the patio overlooking the beach. The rain had stopped in time for the ceremony, but the seats were soaking wet, the flowers were blowing over, as did the podium, and her dress was dragged through wet and sticky sand. I felt so very bad for her.

P.S. And by the way, Happy Belated Birthday, Gina!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260926
01/18/06 09:55 PM
01/18/06 09:55 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
That sounds like a fun party, Gigi! I love kickback stuff like that with a bunch of friends. When I was in high school, I'd always have a bunch of friends over like in the afternoon, and we'd do that kind of thing; play Twister, Mafia, maybe watch a movie, etc... and then when it got dark we'd go down to the beach and have a bonfire and do stupid things like hula-hoop competitions and stuff. We still do it sometimes, but not as often as before.

I also want to have a party outside with like a 1920's and 30's Jazz Age feel to it-- lights strung up all over the backyard like SB's daughter's idea, good music, good food and drinks, the whole 9. I can't think of an occasion for it, but one of these days, it's gonna happen.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260927
01/18/06 10:36 PM
01/18/06 10:36 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Who say's you have to have an occasion? Just do it and have a blast.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260928
01/19/06 01:06 PM
01/19/06 01:06 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Zia, since your idea for a party sounds very Gatsby-like, I would suggest that you use F. Scott Fitzgerald's birthday as an occassion, or maybe Zelda's, since she was the inspiration for Daisy. Hers is July 24th and his is September 24th. Keep those dates in mind!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260929
01/19/06 05:42 PM
01/19/06 05:42 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Good idea, SB! Actually, Gatsby was part of my inspiration for it anyway, so that'd be perfect!

And Mig, this is true, I don't need an excuse... if I threw a party, I doubt anyone would ask why! And if they do ask, I'll say just shut up and come, it's an excuse to party!

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260930
01/22/06 01:56 AM
01/22/06 01:56 AM
Texas

Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
Yea that would be fun to jump in at my old age I'm just a kid at heart. Are you a Jr. this year?
Mig, my parents went in the thing and loved it - you're only as old as you act, feel, or say you are, so I say you go jump in one! Oh, and yes, I'm a junior.

Zia, definitely, just throw the party anytime! I love doing stuff like that. I have to spread them out a bit - I do all of the cleaning and try to handle most of the work, but I realize that it's still a bit stressful for my mom to have to entertain. Luckily, my friends don't cause trouble, and she likes them all...even though, every get-together, I tease her and say we're gonna pull the beer out later. I'm hoping to have a GFII thing soon, as a "sequel" to the original Godfather get-together I had. I love your theme - try it sometime, and be sure to let us know all about it!

SB, it sounds like you've thrown some very creative parties, as well! And your daughter's got a great idea going of how her party will be! I hope that all works out well for y'all. Thanks for the birthday wishes, too.

Edit: I just realized I actually have something sports-y to talk about! I finally had the time and took the time to watch a Rockets game last night, and it turned out to be a great one to catch. T-Mac returned after being out since January 8th with an injured back, and I'll tell you, that guy is the team. He was supposed to play about 20 minutes, maybe a bit more, to protect his back - he ended up playing 40 minutes in a double overtime game that we won 109-108! Tracy was the one that actually kept us in the game and put it into OT when he got the rebound on his own missed shot in the last few seconds of regulation and tied it up!

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260931
01/22/06 09:26 PM
01/22/06 09:26 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I'm sure all the Steeler fans here where I live are happy. Superbowl bound. :p

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260932
01/22/06 11:07 PM
01/22/06 11:07 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Well, I must say that I am not a football fan, but we do have our own mini Superbowl party. My husband makes hot wings, and we make various foot-long sandwiches and pigs-in-blankets. Then we open up our drop-leaf cocktail table and eat in front of the TV. The kids love it.

I admit to counting down the days to spring training, looking forward to reading the Sports page again, and seeing how Damon fits into the Yankees.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260933
01/23/06 11:28 PM
01/23/06 11:28 PM
Texas

Texas
Zia, I heard about Kobe scoring 81 points! Good lord!

Well, it's not quite as impressive as Kobe, but I heard the announcers say in last night's game that T-Mac became the only person this season to score over 40 points against the Pistons, which I thought was great. It's so nice to have him back - my basketball interest is definitely revived...and it's so nice to see that cute smile of his.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260934
01/24/06 12:36 AM
01/24/06 12:36 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
my basketball interest is definitely revived
I think that makes me as happy as Kobe's big night did!! Yayyy basketball Gina is back!

But yeah, I'm still reeling from last night's game. I couldn't believe it, it was ridiculous. In a good way. :p Second highest single-game scorer EVER. Move over, Wilt Chamberlain! I think Kobe's made it this far, I say he can beat Wilt's record. Maybe even this season. The guy's on fire. Back in December when he scored 62, everyone said it was a one-time thing, that it would never happen again. To those people, I say "Pfffffffffffft!"

Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers does a Laker blog for nba.com... check out this part:

i love being a laker fan
something about the purple and gold......
i remember once being in new york and going to see a knicks/heat game
at the garden
it was during their intense rivalry of the late nineties
man it was a boring game, they must have scored about 65 points a piece
and after the game in the car on the way home i was with a couple of
knick fans
and one of them said about my being a laker fan "aren't you
embarrassed?"
and i realized how great it was to be a laker fan
and how transparently sour grapes everybody else was
such great tradition
i love the lakers

I love it. I totally know how he feels... even when people are trash-talking the Lakers, it's all part of the experience. I see a lot of people around L.A. wearing jerseys that say "Fakers" on them instead, and I just look at them and shake my head and laugh.

By the way, his blog is always really random and funny... it's here if anyone wants to read it.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260935
01/24/06 03:09 PM
01/24/06 03:09 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
OK, Here's a question for Zia and Gina - Would you be such big basketball fans if the guys wore long pants? I am not a huge basketball fan (although I don't actually dislike it, unlike football), but I must say that there is a big difference when you see the games live. It's not easy to keep up with the action on TV, but we went to Madison Square Garden last year for some of the NCAA games, and they were pretty exciting.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260936
01/24/06 05:25 PM
01/24/06 05:25 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Yeah, it's true, they are much more exciting when you're there. Especially at Staples Center, because there's SO much energy there... I've been to a couple of other courts before, like Phoenix and Portland, and it's so not the same. Actually, Staples isn't even the same when it's the Clippers playing... it's the Laker energy that's like no other. I imagine the Garden is the same way-- high energy crowd, and a bunch of celebrities, too, like Staples.

And you bring up an interesting question-- but yes, I think would still watch even if they were in long pants. Except back when Rick Fox was playing, Mr. Best-legs-in-the-NBA, as he should have been named. He's the only one whose legs mattered more than his game. Speaking of legs, I love it when Lamar Odom wears purple tights... it's not hot, but it cracks me up.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260937
01/24/06 05:35 PM
01/24/06 05:35 PM
Texas

Texas
Zia, that must have been such fun to watch - and such a great feeling to know you're a true fan, right? I can't believe that people in LA, even, would wear "Fakers" jerseys! Then again, I just talked to a guy at school today who claims that all of the Astros are "gay." :rolleyes: That's sports for you - some people catch the energy and passion of/for it, and some just don't understand.

We were actually originally discussing Bagwell, who has been a hot topic among Astros fans lately. The Astros club is trying to collect on an insurance claim against Bagwell (he had surgery on his shoulder in 2001, and it's a degenerative condition that has been bothering him ever since...he can't hit very well, and he can't even throw in the infield), but Bagwell still wants to play and says that the only way he can tell if he's healthy enough to make it this season is by attending Spring Training. It's a huge mess, due to a deadline on the claim, and our poor owner is having to assure Bags that "it's not personal; it's business," despite Baggy being a huge part of the team for about 15 years. It wouldn't bother me much, as long as thier arms weren't covered...I'd be missing those muscles. But, as I said, T-Mac's most impressive feature is his cute smile, so that's all I need.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260938
01/24/06 05:42 PM
01/24/06 05:42 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Zia,
I am so glad to hear that you're not attracted to a man in purple tights. Otherwise, I might've been wondering about you!! :p Well, since you are such a fan, here's a photo for you!

Gina, Any word yet on Roger Clemens? I know he was supposed to make his decision in late January, but I haven't heard a word. Any news out there in Texas??

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260939
01/24/06 05:47 PM
01/24/06 05:47 PM
Texas

Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
Gina, Any word yet on Roger Clemens? I know he was supposed to make his decision in late January, but I haven't heard a word. Any news out there in Texas??
We actually chose not to offer him arbitration a while back, which means that the earliest he could sign with us is in May. Basically, he's a free agent, now. If we'd offered him arbitration, we would've had a chance to set a contract with him, but we didn't, so we wouldn't be tied down with those negotiations. He can sign with another team right now, sign with us in May and play a partial season (which I think would be great, for him and us), or he can retire.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260940
01/24/06 11:36 PM
01/24/06 11:36 PM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
I am so glad to hear that you're not attracted to a man in purple tights.
I read that line to my bf over the phone in the middle of a different conversation, and he said, "Me too" with a very confused tone of voice. Then I explained we were talking about Lamar and he started cracking up. :p I tried to find a pic of the purple legs, but I couldn't really find a good one. Here's on okay one... They're not really tights, they're those other things basketball players wear. I don't know what to call them so I call them tights. But it doesn't make a difference what you call them, they're something that make his legs purple.

Aren't they funny? :p

As for Rick Fox, thanks for that pic... hot indeed. I can't find a good picture where you can see how hot his legs look... they're not photogenic legs. They look kind of short and chunky in pictures, but it's so not like that in real life. Here are some okay ones:

Gigi, I don't think I've seen McGrady smile before... I looked for a picture but couldn't find one. If you find one, I'd love to see it.

I found a cute one of him and Kobe together, but only Kobe's smiling in it. But it is a very cute smile indeed, so here\'s the link to it, since I don't wanna overdo it with posting pics.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260941
01/25/06 12:02 AM
01/25/06 12:02 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Too many men being posted in this thread, I'll have to do a "shock and awe" of Trish pics

These might be better of pictures of what you are talking about LTZ:

They could be a number of things, I really don't know what to call them.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: The Ladies' Thread #260942
01/25/06 12:26 AM
01/25/06 12:26 AM
Texas

Texas
I think I'd call them "stockings," perhaps. Reminds me of our baseball discussions about whether the socks pulled up high was hot or not.

Zia, that Kobe/T-Mac picture is hot. I was looking for a nice picture of Tracy smiling, but I'm thinking it's more so something you've got to catch live. He's got a few smiling pictures on Yahoo/Google search, but you can tell they're all fake - when he laughs or smiles at something during a game, it's the best, because it's completely real. He's really funny, too - one time, when he was on the bench, the ball went out of bounds and bounced to him, and he started aiming at the basket from his seat, as if he were going to shoot.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260943
01/25/06 12:27 AM
01/25/06 12:27 AM
Texas

Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Too many men being posted in this thread
Impossible. It is the Ladies' Thread, after all. :p

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260944
01/25/06 12:33 AM
01/25/06 12:33 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Shock and awe... Well it HAS been a while, DM.

GG, I'll have to pay attention next time I'm watching a game he's in.

Re: The Ladies' Thread #260945
01/25/06 03:21 PM
01/25/06 03:21 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
You know what those purple things remind me of?? Leg warmers!! Flashdance anyone?? I had heard that leg warmers were making a comeback (well, gauchos did, and I never expected THAT to happen) and even saw them in Benetton, but haven't seen anyone actually wearing them. That is one retro look I can live without.

Page 39 of 98 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 97 98