Gina, that sounds great. I'm glad to hear that you had so much fun!! Gosh, your parents ARE creative!! At my daughters' parties, we usually did stuff like decorate T-shirts, with paint. We also made Shrinky-Dink necklaces one year. Since my youngest daughter's birthday is in September, I once bought a bunch of those black "velvet" folders (you can get them in craft stores. They're usually posters, but I found school folders) that you can color, and the kids did those. Nothing nearly as creative as your parties, although we did do a "Grease" party last year when she turned 15.

The only thing she has mentioned is that she wants to have it in the yard and wants lots of lights strung up around the patio. We're having a pool put in, and she has voted down a swim party, but would like it pool-side. The only other thing she would like is something one of her friends did at her Quincenera (I know I spelled that wrong and I apologize to anyone here who speaks Spanish). She played a special song and danced with her father for the first few moments, then picked people at the party until she had danced with all the guests. My daughter's already picked the song - "Baby When I See You Smile".

Meggie, Weddings on the beach sounded soooo romantic to me, until I saw one in Florida. It had rained all day, so they moved the ceremony to the patio overlooking the beach. The rain had stopped in time for the ceremony, but the seats were soaking wet, the flowers were blowing over, as did the podium, and her dress was dragged through wet and sticky sand. I felt so very bad for her.

P.S. And by the way, Happy Belated Birthday, Gina!!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club