We did it. We finally did it.

I was nervous until the very last out, but the feeling right now is just wonderful. I can hardly believe this is happening, and I am so proud of these guys. Bagwell and Biggio, 15-year and 18-year veterans, are going to their very first World Series. Andy and Roger, my two favorite NY'ers were a huge part of why we made it. Roy, an amazing pitcher the entire season (and last), pushed us in the final stretch to win it. All of these guys who experienced the lowest of lows, who were 15-30 in their first 45 games, who were counted out and even "buried" by the local newspaper - these guys did it, and I love them.

I talked to my grandpa, a veteran as an Astros fan, and realizing his and my mom's reactions to this was just really cool, because it shows how many people and how many generations baseball and this team has affected - it shows just how huge this is.

To the Cardinals and their fans (especially Part, who was always so nice), y'all played an amazing series and especially an amazing season. St. Louis just has a team that is full of talent, and though I can't deny the rivalry, I do respect them.

On to Chicago!

(DM, thank you for willing the Astros toward a win with Trish! )