Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
What's with this "motivation" shit? These guys are PAID to play. They're PAID to win. They're PAID to be "motivated".

Besides, did Torre mishandle a ball like A-Rod did? Did Torre leap and barely missed a ground ball like Jeter did? Did Torre blew a game like the Unit did? Better yet, did Torre blow that umpire call on A-Rod/Pudge at 3rd?
Managers, even with Joe's success, are always in the "what have you done for me lately," saga with owners, especially in New York. It's been 60 Steinbrenner years since the Yankees have won a World Series.

And sure the players are paid to play, I'm not disputing that. They should all be like Derek Jeter, and run out every ground ball to first base, and never quit on defense. But in reality, there are quite a few prima donna Manny Ramirez's around the league. In the 2006 playoffs, they all seemed to congregate in the Yankee locker room.

Now again, I think the blame falls upon Joe mainly for an absence strategy and lack of fire in the team, but as you've said, A-Rod and crew helped by doing absolutely zero for the team this postseason.