Double J, I agree with most of your analysis, except for the part about Joe Torre. I have defended ARod in the past, but there are some players that just can't handle the heat of being in NY. It's a damn tough town to play in, and some are made for it and some are just not. What has the team really gained by having him? Nothing I can really think of, aside from having Cano at 2nd base.

A team needs 3 decent starting pitchers, which with Wang, Mussina, we're 2/3 of the way there. I would say we need decent relief pitching, but Proctor and Villone were so overworked this season that it's hard to say what their true capabilities are.

I say keep Joe, dump Pavano and Johnson, I think Wright will be OK, and get ARod and his thick head out of there. I think one of Joe's mistakes was taking out Melky Cabrera. If he wasn't playing Giambi, why not move Matsui to DH, and put Melky in? He was a big part of the team that won all season, and I think Melky and Cano brought a youthful energy to the team that was missing.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club