do you guys remember when the season was about to start a lot of people still had doubts about the Mets and A LOT of people still thought the Braves would win another NL East title. Jose Reyes was not that good, Beltran was coming from a terrible 2005 season... I mean, look at it now, they won easy, but in the start of the season they did had to prove and build all that huge lead. those early days were the toughest ones, and Pedro Martinez was brilliant in the first 2 months. in the month of may he went 0-1 in 6 starts with 2.14 ERA and 55 K in 42 IP. if he had better run support in those starts (what depended just on bad luck, especially because the Mets have probably the best lineup in baseball - Yankees don't count) he should have at least 10 wins. I guess he just ran out of arm later.

when they already had a huge lead in the NL East it was way easier for young guys like Traschel and Maine keep it up, but now in the playoffs it all starts from zero, so I think the Mets miss Pedro more than the Yankees miss Randy Johnson (considering them both healthy) because the damn Yankees have like 6 starting pitchers. in my opinion, the Mets will run out of SP in the postseason. the Yankees will roll over the Tigers and I think I'll root for the Twins

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk