Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
Anyway, your Papa George works for money too. The difference between him and other owners, for better or for worse, is that he's impulsive. Over a decade of playoff series, and currently the longest-active division title consecutive streak in baseball? Oh nice. No World Series titles in 6 years? YOU'RE FIRED!
I agree that George's is, for better or for worse, impulsive. But again, at least he's doing SOMETHING and seems to have a deep affection for his team and not worrying about cutting costs to fill his fat pockets. It's not just about him, it's about the team!

Quote:
The other side though Irish, which you brilliantly haven't researched at all, is that Dolphins Stadium SUCKS for baseball. It's hard to drive too, its another football stadium convertedly, awkwardly, for baseball, and so on. REally, if the Marlins can fucking get that new stadium in Miami, thus a commitment between the franchise and South Florida for the Fish to stay in Miami, and if Loaria is willing to spend the darn cash, and quit doing stupid shit, then the MARLINS would have a good stable attendence rate.
First of all, there's too many if's in that sentence. Second of all, the stadium can't be that bad since they seem to pack it in come football season. :rolleyes:

Quote:
If anything, we Marlins fans do understand Orioles fans. We both fanbases have to deal with an asshole of an owner that won't spend the cash, is more worried about the profit margins, and worse, doesn't seem to give a shit.

I mean God, the Marlins get a surprisingly strong manager in former Yankee hero Joe Giradi, who takes an expected 100-loss club, and his reward for being a candidate for NL Manager of the Year? A pink-slip. :rolleyes:

So Irish, will your Papa George fire Uncle Joey Torre if he fails to get another title?
Again, that's why I love Steinbrenner because he DOES seem to give a sh*t about his team, unlike Baltimore's, Florida's and many other teams owners. Furthermore, I agree that firing Joe Giradi (who did a HELL of a job with that team this year) does NOT deserve to get fired. However, I don't think he'll have a problem finding another job after his performance this year. Perhaps, another area where George is willing to set aside his own personal feelings towards Joe Torre? Sure he's talked about firing Joe for years but has it ever happened yet? Nope!