Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by J Geoff:
[b] WTF is this shit??
[quote]The Los Angeles Daily News' Doug Padilla is reporting the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim may make a serious run at acquiring 3B Alex Rodriguez from the New York Yankees if Rodriguez requests a trade or the Yankees decide to shop him around. If the deal goes through, the Yankees figure to ask for no less than SP Ervin Santana, RP Scot Shields, OF Chone Figgins and a high-level prospect.
[/quote]There has been trade rumours, mainly based on whether A-Rod has a good or bad postseason. Personally, I think its garbage...he's recovered to have a good-if-not-great season (obviously not by his standards, but still...) and should be alright in the postseason. But the consensus, at least from what I'm hearing on Mike and the Mad Dog, Mike and Mike, and ESPN is that if A-Rod bombs in the playoffs, they will try to move him. Of course, that's irrelevant, since he has a no-trade clause, and said he'd rather "retire than not be a Yankee." Time will tell.

Besides, I'd never trade him to the Angels. They kick our ass it seems like every time we play them, no way I'd make them stronger. Chone Figgins? Why? Like we don't have a glut of outfielders already. Santana, maybe. Shields, dunno. K-Rod, absolutely. Prospect, not so much. [/b][/quote]I couldn't agree more DJ. The Angels have the Yankees number without A-Rod, so why would we trade him to them? It doesn't make any sense. Plus if he did, you know he'd come back to torch the Yankees every time they play. And as you mentioned, A-Rod can veto ANY trade. He's staying in pinstripes.