Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
[quote]Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
[b] he's come through time and again in the clutch, and he's made amazing plays in game after game, season after season.
EXACTLY! Jeter's done his duty for now in helping this team win 4 championships in 5 years. Jeter's already proven himself to an extent that's bought him leeway [/b][/quote]Time out.

Again, as I've said before, Yankee fans sucking from the teat of the late 90's. How was the pitching during those Championship years? How did the team look?

Now look at those factors when A-Rod has been a Yankee. We've had marvel's like Kevin "Wall-Beater" Brown, Felix Heredia, Tony Womack, etc.

While I think this may come at a shock to him since its coming from me ( ), I think Tony Love has hit the nail on the head.

Last nite, A-Rod "sucked" hitting his 2,000 hit and 450th career homer, and yes, he had another error.

But what else faltered for the Yanks? They couldn't hit off of A.J. Burnett (excluding A-Rod). Their pitching varied from shaky to terrible. You cannot place all of that on A-Rod, especially when pitchers like Wright and Chacon walk-in runs...

To paraphase Ronnie - I think A-Rod could probably step down off the cross and proclaim himself as Christ, heal the blind, cure the sick, and become the savior of the entire human race, and there would still be these arrogant (or stupid?) NY fans and fairweather Yankee fans who refuse to accept that this guy is human and support him when he's hitting and bury him when he's not.

Feel free to get on him for legitimate claims - yes, he is slumping, and yes, he has seemingly forgotten the basic fundamentals on defense (what Little Leaguer in their right mind would throw such a shitty side armer and not expect to hear multiple jeers of "overhand!" when they got back to the bench?). But c'mon, you guys seem to be blaming him for everything from the sinking of the Titanic to losses against divisional rivals, seemingly ignoring the other factors involved.