Perhaps Jeter is popular because he is a team player, he gives 200% in each and every game, he inspires and rallies his team-mates and the fans, and he looks like he knows he is one of the luckiest men on earth and he's HAPPY about it. He loves Joe Torre like a father, he's come through time and again in the clutch, and he's made amazing plays in game after game, season after season. Regarding one of your comments, RRA, perhaps there is a persistent strawberry sense, because he certainly seems joyful, and that would make a man fairly content, I would think. Personally, I am allergic to strawberries, so it wouldn't do a thing for me.

As for ARod, he is supposed to be THE MAN. He's supposed to be a great player, and a great Yankee. I know that he was the MVP, but it shouldn't surprise any of us that the fans are discontent. NY is a what have you done for me lately kind of town. For the team's sake, I hope he does get the cobwebs out of his head. There are some players that just can't cut it as a Yankee. So much more is expected of them, and the pressure is enormous. I hope that isn't what's going on. Maybe he needs to breathe out of his eyeballs, ala Nuke LaLouche.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club