As an objective observer who doesn't live or die with Yankees, I don't get the critics A-Rod. He's one of the best players in the game. Just because he's the highest paid isn't his fault. Blame the jackass owner of the Rangers. I don't know how anyone in their right mind would turn down a quarter of a billion dollar contract. I sure as hell would not.

Yeah, the guy is having a down year, especially defensively. If he "sucked" then how did he win the MVP last year? He's just in the prime of his career and will probably go down as one of the greatest players in the game's history. I also think that he'll be the all-time HR king when it's all said and done. If this guy wasn't in NY, he wouldn't be under the microscope he's been viewed.

Baseball is a game when the best players only succeed about 30% of the time at the plate. Those who succeed at more than 33-35% are considered great ones.

I can't fathom another team being able or willing to take on his contract. And I think any team who would take on that contract would not want to compound the $$ issue by losing top players in exchange.