Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Ugh. Yankee fans bottle fed on those championships of the late 90's.

"In New York, you're expected to win."

Oh, shit, you mean, they aren't in Cleveland? Texas? St. Louis? :rolleyes:

New York may be the biggest stage of them all, but its still just a game. A-Rod is struggling - no doubt - but the boos, the "you're expected to win in NY" stuff, just makes Yankee fans seem more arrogant.

Even the reigning AL MVP isn't good enough for us, apparently.
First off plaw, I'm aware that St. Louis would never part with Pujols and I know Florida would never take on A-Rod's contract. I was really just thinking out loud of players I would like to see come to New York if they ever got rid of A-Rod. I'm not saying they're realistic, but there are players I wouldn't mind seeing in pinstripes.

Double-J, sure you're expected to win anywhere you go (whether it be New York, Cleveland, Texas or St. Louis). But I think we both can agree the pressure to succeed (and quickly) in New York is greater than in any other market. As you said yourself, "New York is the biggest stage of them all." Call me cynical or what have you, but as I said before, people know the pressures and expectations of playing in the Big City. Some guys can handle it and some guys cannot. And I know there have been former Yankee players and potential free agents who didn't sign with the Yankees for that very reason, they couldn't handle the pressure. So it's no secret that when the games on the line and you continue to fail, people are going to get on your case after almost 3 years of it. I'm sorry Alex, you knew (or should have known) the situation you were getting into. "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!"