Oh yeah, he absolutely sucks. He was only the AL MVP last year. He was also the MVP in 2003, and has won the Golden Glove and Silver Slugger awards. He ranks 10th in the AL in runs this year, and 8th in walks. He's hit 30+ (averaging in at 42.2) in 9 out of his 10 full seasons as a starter. His career average is over .300. :rolleyes:

God, I hate these Yankee fans who will boo A-Rod when he's down and then hail him as the savior when he hits a grand slam. It's really annoying. Seriously, you boobirds ruin baseball for the rest of us.

I'm the first to admit that I don't have much confidence in Alex right now, and its obvious he doesn't have it in himself either. He's still a better-than-average (if not great) fielding third baseman, who needs to stop mixing in ordinary errors with his spectacular plays. And his bat has power, unfortunately he has psyched himself out. Certainly I get angry when he swings at a bad pitch, and his playoff stats with the Yankees (thus far) have been borderline dismal. I'd still rather have A-Rod at 3rd and Cano at second than some fill-in 3B and Soriano still at second.

Soriano is a great talent, no doubt, but we don't need his prima donna attitude nor his services at 2B, his natural position. Robison Cano has been doing an All-Star job at second, and Alex has to turn his season around. He's still, after all, doing better than Giambi was a couple of years ago, when he stopped juic...err...sick with a virus and had a tumor.

Damon has done a great job as a Yankee, and I will admit to being one of his detractors when we signed him. But his transfer can be rationalized with a couple of keynotes - keep in mind though that as a divisional rival, Damon saw quite a bit more action at Yankee Stadium in CF than A-Rod, as a Mariner or Ranger, ever saw in the infield here. Secondly, A-Rod is still adjusting to 3B, which is not his natural position. The hot corner has been graced by few who can rise to the level of greatness that has been seen from Mike Schmidt, Cal Ripken, or Scott Brosius. Brosius left big shoes to fill, and Robin Ventura/Aaron Boone/etc. were certainly not the same caliber as A-Rod.

Personally, as I've said, A-Rod is slumping and having a bad A-Rod year, no doubt. But he's still got 20 homeruns, and can make some spectacular plays at 3B. Sure, I'd love to see him turn it around - you're right, he does tend to choke in the clutch, no doubt (though I've seen him hit HR's and GS's as well, which we've conveniently neglected). But I'd rather see the Yankees with him than without him.

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
And of course A-Rod strikes out when it counts the most. I have been thinking these past few days, we should probably trade him. We could get A LOT in return (especially pitching). I'd send him to St. Louis for Pujols or Florida for Dontrelle just to name a few players
Again, I'm sorry to be so harsh on you I12, but you've hit a nerve. What makes you think that A-Rod (who I believe has a no-trade clause anyways) would want to go to the Marlins, or that the Marlins, who have been getting rid of high-priced talent like you've drank too much and have to piss, would never, ever take on A-Rod's contract. Secondly, as long as Scott Rolen is in the picture in St. Louis at 3B, the Cards would never give up their big-name meal ticket Pujols at first. And what the hell would we do with Giambi then? Move him to third? :rolleyes:

"The artist currently known as A-Rod's athletic and moral support,"
Double-J