Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I'm not sure what you said "was to be expected"; If it's the decrease in offensive production that you're talking about, I don't see where you said it.

And if their pitching is, in fact, better than Boston's - which I think it is - then I still say they better pick up another bat before their offense goes completely south before they worry about getting another starter.

If they were 24-13 with Matsui and Sheffield in the lineup, that tells me that their pitching is good enough to win if their offense is intact.

Since they're 11-13 with the two of them out of the lineup, that tells me that since the pitching staff is basically the same, they need more offense right now, not more pitching.
I'd have to disagree with you on this. I truly think the Yanks need pitching (starting or bullpen). I thought Boston was incredibly stupid for letting A LOT of guys walk this past offseason while they upgraded their offense. Many of these guys I never heard of and thought they couldn't hit. Some can and some can't, but their defense is a lot better. The point I'm trying to make is, guys will hit when they're in the batters box. Maybe not all the time, but I think the Yanks need more help with the pitching than the hitting (remember, this team has 12 straight games with at least 10 hits, a franchise record)