Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
[quote]Originally posted by TonyWillLive:
[b] Sheff is a little bitch and will milk the injury.
Little b*tch? Milking the injury? The guy played hurt most of the year 2 seasons ago and should have on the AL MVP in my opinion. He wants to play next year and possibly beyond. I'd rather him sit for 15-days, get healthy and come back strong rather than playing hurt again and have a chance doing more harm than good [/b][/quote]Well I think you have to keep in mind that Sheffield is in a contract year meaning he will be a free agent. Like you said he is willing to play next year. Thats the key he isn't going to go and play hurt for a team that hasn't given him an offer. That same team has one good pitcher in Mussina, say what you want about the rest but they are nothing special. The big unit flat out got old. The AL is a better hitting league and its showing.

Now they Yankees don't know what to pick up at the mid point. Pitching is the obvious choice...now. More problems could arise though. Were gonna have to wait and see.

As for you comments on Schilling, say what you want about his political views your aren't going to find two people anywhere who view everything the same. To say hes overrated is a little premature. He hasn't pitched well since the 130 pitch night in Cleveland i'll give you that. However with all the rain were having in New England right now the Sox lost 2 1/2 games due to weather. I hope and believe this is what Schilling needed to get back on the right path.

-NEWS FLASH "THE YANKEES ARE IN TROUBLE, I REPEAT HOUSTON THE YANKEES ARE IN TROUBLE AND NEED THE ROCKET"

-Not gonna happen.