first, I am NOT a Red Sox fan. (at least not until they play the Yankees). maybe you got that from my signature, but no. it's just a quote that I find to be very funny and tells a lot about baseball. right now, for instance, I could throw a lot of stats proving these guys suck, and you would promptly come up with other ones proving I was wrong. the fact is, watching those guys play, I don't think they are 'always champion-Yankees-rotation-like' kind of pitchers. I don't care if Small went unbeaten last season or Chacon made whatever the hell the stats tell us he did. pitchers go up and down every year, and I got used to see the Yankees with at least 3 or 4 absolutely reliable pitchers, in their best years, with a couple of good season under their belts. now they have an aging ace (although I still believe the Big Unit is a top 5 pitfcher in the MLB), an aging AND under-developing #2 starter (Mussina) and a lot of guys that can either shut down the opponent or give up a game in 1 inning. this is not a question of "how long into the season we are". I was saying that before it even started. and so far, (of course, TOO EARLY) you don't have no reason to be that confident. :p

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk