Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Mosrite:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Jasani:
[b]Pavano's not even in the same ballpark as Burnett or Martinez.
wow! then we're talking about three different kinds of ballpark here! Pavano shouldn't even be mentioned. one of the most overpayed pitchers I've ever seen. he gained 9 millions last season to pitch 100 innings of below-average play. AJ Burnett is a good pitcher, overpayed in his new contract, but a good pitcher. he is not very reliable, though, able to strike out 14 batters in 6 innings (he did that twice last season), but he still has more losses than wins in his career. now, as for Pedro Martinez, we'd have to go a little deeper. he's one of the best, most dominating pitchers of all time. even if he "lost some stuff", he's still an amazing player. in fact, I believe he's the most dominating pitcher of his era. his 2000 season with the Red Sox was just stunning. 1.74 ERA in 217 IP, fanning 284 batters! the previous season he had fanned 313 in 213 IP with a 2.07 ERA, and this is the kind of game he brings every year. I believe Burnett is nowhere to be found in Pedro's league. he belongs among the greatests. [/b][/quote]I agree, Pedro is definitely a better pitcher than both AJ and Carl. Carl still has to prove himself with me (especially after he b*tched in the offseason about wanting to be traded already). You gotta earn your stripes in New York bro, they're NEVER just given to ya