Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
[QUOTE]Do you think the Gator will have an immediate impact? As I stated above, I'm willing to give him this season with almost no expectations. Even though he has played for the Yanks, this is a totally new and different job and I'm willing to bet he'll do better next year with a year of experience under his belt than he may do in 2006

---

I agree, I'd have Small up there on the rotation too and Pavano and Wright (Jared that is, not Jason ) should have to prove themselves. However, the Yankees shot themselves in the foot with Wright for signing him to that ridiculous contract. And for that, unfortunatley, Small has to pay for there sins. BTW, any possible way to grab one of the last "Asian Connection T-Shirt"?
I think, when it comes to coaching, there is still an "it" factor where you've either got it or you don't. Guidry was a phenominal pitcher during his career, and I have a feeling that he brings a fresher approach than Mel can at this point in his coaching career.

---

Hell, Cashman shot himself in the foot for getting the aging Johnny Damon for $50 million when just the year before he could've went after Carlos Beltran and gotten youth alongside of talent.

Haha, I'll have to dig them out, they didn't turn out to be big sellers (surprisingly!)