Irish, although (naturally) we mainly root for different and opposing teams we do share much common ground on wanting to see The Blue Jays make the postseason. You, for your reasons and me, for mine. I think that it can nay will happen, you are more skeptical. That's all kool and the gang as they say, and that's the beauty of Baseball and competitive sports in general. However, I must disagree with your views on The Florida Marlins. I mean this team won two World Series Titles in the span of about ten years or so right? And they're an expansion team to boot! Granted, this isn't better than what The Blue Jays did in 1992 and 1993 and those Jay teams were two of the best twenty-five teams ever to play a season in my admittedly heavily biased opinion, but that's another discussion altogether. But even with all their success and the two World Championships The Marlins get no respect, no regard either. What, is the city of Miami so nuts that they can't or more likely won't respect a Major League Baseball team that represents their city and its residents? Are Miamians (Miamites?) so wrapped up in their love of The Heat (a very good team no doubt) and so wrapped up in nostalgia about The Dolphins that they refuse to respect The Marlins and show up at their games? Although I love Hockey and am a huge NHL fan and just plain and simple a pure hockey fan, I don't think that Floridians are paying too much attention to the mediocre Florida Panthers although the whole State did appreciate and celebrate The Tampa Bay Lightning win of The Stanley Cup last season. Although The Calgary Flames could or should have won The Finals (a goal by Jarome Iginla I believe, was disallowed in the sixth game and The Lightning went on to win the series in seven...you don't want to get me started on that, believe me bro. ) Anyways, the point is, it really beats the hell out of me why The Marlins are held in such low regard by everyone in FLA. I'm quite sure they're not rooting for The Tampa Bay Devil Rays or The Atlanta Braves or a Texas team or something so why don't Floridians support their Baseball teams. Maybe it could be that many citizens of The Sunshine State have been spoiled by having Spring Training there every season and so since they can see so many teams up close and personal they don't really care all that much about The Marlins or The Devil Rays. Whatever, either way, although I hope and pray that The Blue Jays will go all the way this year (yeah I know hoping against hope and praying against common sense :rolleyes: ) I will also be rooting for The Marlins, The D-Rays and all the other teams across MLB that don't get the credit they should. I know The Marlins, The Devil Rays and other teams like The Arizona Diamondbacks and The Colorado Rockies are gonna get spanked this year, I secretly hope that they finish the season with respectable records. What would really be good is if The Montreal Expos er...I mean Washington Nationals go back to Montreal and the city of Washington D.C. gets its own new (expansion) team. It'll most likely never happen, but I hope it does.