I don't know about T.O. not making the playoffs but I do know that ESPN and the other big American sports media outlets will do everything in their power (coveragewise) to make sure that both The Yankees and The Redsox make the postseason. While I disagree with you guys on whether we have the stuff to make it to the big dance, I think that a Blue Jays vs. any other team playoff series would be very good for the game for several reasons.

The main reason I want to see the Jays in the playoffs should be self-evident to anyone who has spent five minutes on the sports boards over here so I won't go over it again. The secondary reason would be that having The Jays in the playoffs would strengthen an already very strong media market (Toronto - 6 million+ people and by extension Canada - 35 million+ people) and bring a bit of an international flavour to the postseason. The beauty of this whole thing is that come April every team is technically in first place and theoretically at the very least, has an equal shot at making it to the World Series...except the AAA Kansas City Royals of course. Let's Go Blue Jays...Let's Go!