Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
If George's horse loses tomorrow, heads will start rolling in the Yankee dugout by Monday.
That reminds me of the story about a horse that tried out for the Yankees:

A horse came onto the field during a workout and walked over to Joe Torre. Torre looked up and was shocked to see this. He yelled out, "What the hell is this about?". The horse replied, "I'd like to try out for the team. Torre laughed and said, "Thats ridiculous, a horse can't play baseball". The horse was determined to get a chance to try out and replied, "I'm a great ballplayer". Torre was in a light-hearted mood and was up for a laugh so he allowed the horse to take a few swings.

The horse hit the first pitch out of the park into the left field stands. Torre was astounded and yelled out to Randy Johnson on the mound that he should throw some heat. The horse knocked it into the second deck. Torre was now totally flabbergasted. He yelled to the horse, "OK, run the next one out".

The horse swung at the next pitch and it sailed over Matsui's head, rolling up to the wall in front of the monuments. Matsui ran the ball down, turned, and threw the horse out at first base.

Torre went jogging up to the horse and screamed that he had never seen such hitting like that but couldn't believe that the horse was thrown out at first base.

The horse replied, "Hell, if I could run I'd be in the Kentucky Derby".

:rolleyes: