Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Beth E:
[qb]
get that through your Padilla-adoring skull once and for all. :p
Who the hell is Padilla, and why do I adore him? [/b][/quote]It's amazing what you think about randomly. As I was brushing my teeth circa 11:30 last nite after watching the History Channels FDR documentary, I realized my error. Castilla, not Padilla. Same difference. My apologies.

Quote:
So who kicked that boy's Jeffrey Maier's ass? I heard no one crying about fans interfering with players then.

Bottom line is....Yankee fans can do whatever they want. Everyone else they whine about. :rolleyes:
Not true. First of all, Maier, as Irishman aforementioned, reached above Tarasco's arm, and didn't physically attack/interfere with the play. Never have I said that what happened in '96 was right. It wasn't. But by that same token, it has little relevance in this Sheffield incident. I list the reasons below:

* Jeffrey Maier did not attempt to stop Tarasco from catching the ball. He was doing what all fans do - get a souvenier. Arguably, there could've been many results of what Maier did - if he wouldn't have caught it, who says that Tarasco wouldn't have bumped it over himself if he knocked the ball on its way down for a ground-rule double (which would be the ruling, correct?)

* The Boston fan deliberately attempted to interfere with Sheffield by taking a swipe at him. It could (arguably) be considered assault, if the idea of legality was brought into it. He tried (regardless of conflicting reports) to "smack" Sheffield while he was trying to make the play.

This isn't Yankee fans being whiners. Clearly, the effect of this play doesn't help us very much, especially with our current win/loss record. This is about some fan being an asshole. I'm glad they took away his season tickets.

---

As far as a new Yankee Stadium is concerned, I am, and have been since I posted a thread on it last year, vehemently against it. They aren't tearing down Wrigley because the concrete fell. Heck, even that big piece of green shit in Boston is being renovated and improved instead of moving the Blowsox stadium. I think it's a rather touchy move.