Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:
[quote]Originally posted by MaryCas:
[b] Professional sports in general has been ruined by $$$. Its now become entertainment.
Could not agree more. I hate the spectacle that the Super Bowl has become. I really have little interest in a game that starts at 6:30 EST and these blockbuster thematic halftime shows. Then MLB with its interleague play and having the All-Star Game choose the homefield team for the World Series. Finally, I hate the NBA playoffs for having 3 and sometimes 4 days in between games and the playoffs lasting for nearly 2 months. I remember the good old NBA finals b/w LA & Boston that were in Game 3 by Memorial Day. Last year, if it would have gone 7 games, it would have been on Father's Day! :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]I couldn't agree more with what you just said. Sports is "big business" now and the sponsorships & corporations are ruining it. I hate it when "The Pepsi Half Time" or whatever. Like we're really going to go out and buy your product because you have a half time show. Wow, what an accomplishment! I also agree in that the Super Bowl is the most overhyped event all year every year! As for MLB, I think home field advantage should be determined by record, not who wins the All-Star game. And don't even get me started on the NBA playoffs. The NBA used to be my favorite to watch but I never watch a game anymore because they're never on TNT or TBS hardly, and I'm not going to pay for "NBA League Pass" or whatever it's called just to watch more games. They were free when the NBA was on TNT and TBS. So why then would I pay now? I just watch MLB and read the scores online. It makes me so sick now that the fans are getting screwed. But as for the NBA playoffs, the first round should have stayed at 5 games instead of 7 games. It takes 2 or more weeks just to get out of the first round. It's all about money and I'm f*cking sick of it!