I've been wondering this for a while. Now soccer is the biggest sport in the world. In many countries soccer is a religion, Italy for example. Now let's take a look at USA, a country that has produced some of the best athlets ever, in various sports. But when it comes to soccer, USA isn't a big name at all. Why is that?
At first I thought, well it's not an "American sport", it's not in their culture to be interested in soccer. But then, the Americans, apart from the native one's, are all immigrants. And many of them from Europe. Surely the latter (After 1870) european and latin american immigrants must still have had an interest in soccer when they moved to USA?
Yes, USA has particepated in the World Cup twice (maybe more?), but why is it that a country that has produced so good athlets in so many other sprots, hasn't got a Soccer Dream Team?
Any thoughts on why the greatest sport in the world isn't bigger in The States?

P.S. I know that when it comes to Womens soccer, USA is one of the top teams, and that is great. But since womens soccer isn't exactly big here in Europe, I wanted your thoughts on the Men's Soccer. D.S.

Pro Scania et Libertum