The best game I've seen from England's back four, and possibly the worst I've seen from the midfield. Beckham is a shadow of the player he was when he lead us to a 2-2 draw against Greece a couple of years ago (I rank that as his best performance I've seen from him, ever). Scholes should NEVER have been taken off. Gerrard shouldn't have either. I cringed when Eriksson brought Vassell on--you can NEVER see a goal comeing from him, and I don't rate his work off the ball either. Ultimately, I feel the choice of substitutions was a disgrace, and asking for trouble. What's wrong with players who offer defensive duties while STILL attacking the ball, such as Dyer, Joe Cole et al? Instead, Sven took away all opportunities of invention (at a time when we desperately needed to get a cushion) by bringing on Phil Neville and Owen Hargreaves. Hargreaves is one of the most overrated players in the squad for me, with Vassell close behind, and am bewildered at the decision to bring Phil Neville on--AND put him in the CENTRE.

The state of the spot kick WAS a disgrace, but it didn't work against us--look at what Rui Costa did.

I ALSO thought that the commentary was typically horrid--tempting fate RIGHT after Owen's goal, and the media hyped Rooney up way too much: as if the team was relying on only ONE player (which, after he went off, it seemed that we HAD to been).

Anyway, a cruel way to finish a match. An awfuly unjust result for Ashley Cole (my man of the match) and Sol Campbell, whose goal was ROBBED big time from the Swiss bastard.

I thought I had burst a blood vessel after Lampard's goal--continuous screaming is NOT recommended.

Anyway, I'm glad the Frogs are out now, and well done Greece.

Czech Republic to win!

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?