Right, HBP doesn't count, probably cuz the batter didn't "earn" it. But if he scores a run, that will count. The pitcher should be penalized for hit batters, but they're not in this game.

As for intentional BB's, it can be argued that the batter often "earns" it because he's a good hitter and the pitcher wants to take a pass -- but at the same time, batters are often intentionally walked to set up a double-play. I don't think the batter necessarily "earns" that, but, he gets the point for the BB.

Whatever the scoring rules, we all live by them equally. So, it really doesn't matter... I think they just needed to simplify it for the game.

If it was MY game, I'd have tons of more scoring opportunities -- and more opportunities for players to LOSE points. GIDP? -2! Cause an error? -2 for each unearned run allowed! But, Plaw will bring up his treatise on how the offensive points and defensive points should equal out. Fine. But player values sure wouldn't go up so high if they were penalized more often for dumb shit they do

The general scoring is explained on the How To Play page...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations