Just more proof that Vinny is wonderful.

Woo hoo! *shakes pom poms.

PHOENIX (AP) -- Vinny Castilla reached two career milestones with one big swing of the bat.

The 37-year-old third baseman hit two of Colorado's five home runs in the Rockies' 9-2 hammering of the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday night.

Castilla's second one -- off reliever Scott Service -- drove in two runs to give him 300 career homers and 1,000 RBIs.

``It's Vinny's night to shine,'' Colorado manager Clint Hurdle said. ``We throw that term `great' around pretty loosely in sports, but when you start putting up numbers like that there's some substance to it.''

Castilla, who also made a pair of smooth plays on defense, quietly is having a standout season after being signed as a free agent by the Rockies.

He has 32 home runs, and his 119 RBIs are just two behind NL leader Scott Rolen.

"It means a lot," Castilla said. "Any time you can hit more than 30 home runs and drive in more than 100, it's a great season. I'm feeling great physically. I don't think I've lost anything defensively or offensively."

Castilla is the 104th player to reach 300 home runs for his career. Earlier this year, he passed Jorge Orta for the most hits by a Mexican-born player.

``I've tried never to take my job for granted. I try to work hard every day, day in and day out,'' Castilla said. ``I have 13 years in the big leagues. To stay here, you have to be very consistent.''

Luis Gonzalez hit a three-run homer off Arizona starter Casey Fossum, then Castilla, Jeromy Burnitz and Brad Hawpe had solo shots off reliever Lance Cormier.

Castilla's second home run of the night -- and 32nd of the season -- drove in two runs off Scott Service.

It was Castilla's fourth multihomer game of the season and 32nd of his career.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.