Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
1) I don't care who's pitching, it's at Coors, for cryin' out loud.
2) Unless you're sure he's gonna pitch a CG, how horrible has the Arizona bullpen been?
3) If a trade goes down or is iminent, he may very well not pitch at all.
4) The game is at Coors, for cryin' out loud.

Versus the Rockies this year, he has a 1.93 ERA in 14 innings. He has a 1.98 ERA for the previous 3 years, and a decent 3.60 ERA at Coors Field where he's 4-1 in 6 starts. Last week he threw 8 shutout innings w/ 14Ks against them. (So, okay, they still lost in the 9th ) He ranks 2nd in the NL for innings pitched this season. He has 3 complete games this season. He ranks 1st with 174 Ks. 1st in WHIP (0.89). Batters are hitting .174 against him in AWAY games, better than at home (.205).

Beckett?? He hasn't pitched since July 5th, his only game this month. He pitched 3.2 innings in the whole month of June. I bet he'll be pretty sharp. Okay, sure he has a 1.29 ERA against the Expos (7 innings) this year (so could I - lol). Previous 3 years his ERA is 2.20 against them (3-1). His previous 3 year ERA at Pro Player is 3.37 (12-7), not much better than Johnson's at Coors.

Sure, Johnson may up and leave - I would if I was him. But going to the Yanks is unlikely now. Giants and Padres are making late bids, but who knows if he'll waive his no-trade clause (if he was smart he would) -- but there's another day.

But anyway... for $3.3m how can you NOT take the chance?? I think you just missed it and you're causing me to curse the pick by talking about it! :p

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations