The October issue of Premiere magazine has a 5-star review of the DVD Collection. There's also a sidebar entitled "The Tao of The Godfather" showing quotes from the films dealing with various topics such as war, history, family, politics, business and more. This is a must-have for collectors as it shows a color picture I've never seen before: Pacino and De Niro together during the filming of GF2! (This picture is in the table of contents).

Surprisingly there were no ads for the DVD Collection in EW (10/5) or People (10/8). There are items of interest in each though. In the latter, a short blurb about Carol Gino and Mario Puzo (no book review, though). In the former, a behind-the-scenes photo from The Godfather, scenes from Gangs of New York, and a behind-the-scenes photo from The Sopranos as part of a Hollywood photo gallery.

And while we're talking about magazines, the current (November) issue of Penthouse has an excert from Mario Puzo's The Family that came out today.

If anyone sees any other DVD Collection articles, reviews or ads anywhere, please post here!

Grazie,

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations