Let's take a few of these, one at a time:
Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
Pl, how do you like Australian Shiraz. My daily wine is Yellow Tail Shiraz.
Amazing coincidence! Last night I went over to the ex-wife's house to watch the Nets game with my son. I certainly don't expect her to feed me - she barely did when we were married - so I went to the local gourmet deli for some chicken. I don't expect her to offer me any of her wine, either, so I stopped at the local liquor store which doesn't have much of a selection. I'd had the Yellow Tail before and that was all the store had that I considered to be drinkable and not too much of a rip-off. They had the Cab, Merlot, and Shiraz. I got the Shiraz, $9.20 + tax. Pretty good for the price, I'd say. Austrailian wines are still undervalued compared to California and France. I'm mostly a Zinfandel guy, though. I like that extra 2% or so of alchohol. Makes a big difference. If you like Zin, try the Clines. About ten bucks.

Quote:
My first live baseball game was at Yankee Stadium when I was ?? old. Art Ditmar pitched. Yogi had the day off. They played the Senators.
Mine was Ebbets Field, probably around 1954. I grew up around the corner, and could hear the crowd noise from my bedroom window. They played the Cardinals. I remember that, because my dad made a point about noting Stan Musial's unusual batting stance.

My first game at Yankee Stadium, was, I believe, the last game of the 1960 season against Kansas City.

Quote:
I must be doing something wrong with this game. Just by random dumb luck I should get 60 pts. one day.???
You did. Twice. 3/31, the second day of the season you got 62. That wasn't really luck, though. You just loaded up on Yankees and Kevin Brown and they scored 13 runs.

You also got a 68 on April 25th. That was probably dumb luck. :p

Quote:
How come they give you possible DH's in the National League?
There aren't too many. Mostly 4th outfielders without a true outfield position, or utility infielders, but guys who a shot to play and get maybe 200-300 at bats.

Anyway, I think I asked you this once: Did you ever check out Sunnyside Pizza on Route 17 in Sloatsburg?

"Difficult....not impossible"