GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 502 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,963
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,674
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,545
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,493
Posts1,061,862
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 143 1 2 3 4 5 6 142 143
Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236064
03/29/04 02:52 PM
03/29/04 02:52 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Yanks/TB Tues & Wed, in Japan. Then, Boston on Sunday night. Then everyone else Monday.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236065
03/29/04 03:11 PM
03/29/04 03:11 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
HOW THE FUCK DO I CHANGE MY TEAM'S NAME???

Man.....the season hasn't started and I'm cussin' already

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236066
03/29/04 03:17 PM
03/29/04 03:17 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
HOW THE FUCK DO I CHANGE MY TEAM'S NAME???
Click on "Change Settings" on your Clubhouse page, where your lineup is. Welcome aboard!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236067
03/29/04 03:24 PM
03/29/04 03:24 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Thanks, Geoff.

I'm warnin' ya now....I better not see this guy here this year ---->

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236068
03/29/04 03:26 PM
03/29/04 03:26 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Yanks/TB Tues & Wed, in Japan. Then, Boston on Sunday night. Then everyone else Monday.
That sucks, only 2 games next week! Oh well, at least I'll have time to change around my team for Sunday!

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236069
03/29/04 03:38 PM
03/29/04 03:38 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
I better not see this guy here this year ---->
Can't make any promises! :p

Besides, I use that guy when I say hi to Lori...
Hi, Lori!

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236070
03/29/04 04:37 PM
03/29/04 04:37 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Question: (before the competition begins) Where is the best place to find out the roster for each game? for the purpose of changing players.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236071
03/29/04 05:31 PM
03/29/04 05:31 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Mary -

After you log in, go to your team's lineup page. On the upper left hand side you'll see a "Change Roster" line, and all the defensive positions next to it. Click on any position, and you'll be brought to a page listing all players available for that position.

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236072
03/29/04 05:33 PM
03/29/04 05:33 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
K-M, I'm not certain what exactly you mean. You mean daily lineups for each team? Exact daily lineups aren't usually known until game time, though in general they remain pretty close unless someone gets hurt or something. Once the season starts, however, you can go to each team page and see what the typical lineup is. The same should be true for the entire 25-man rosters. Look for depth charts, I think that's what you're talking about.

What you probably want to do is look at each position roster (where you pick one 1B for instance), and choose someone who's doing well that you can afford. You can see how each player is doing by clicking on their name.

Similary, you can get pitcher vs batter stats by clicking on the pitcher's name.

Everything should be available on ESPN's site, though I do like to get second opinions elsewhere sometimes...

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236073
03/29/04 05:39 PM
03/29/04 05:39 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
REMINDER : YOUR ROSTERS FOR TOMORROW NEED TO BE SET TODAY IF YOU WANT POINTS!!

Good luck, everyone!

Plaw, too

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236074
03/29/04 05:42 PM
03/29/04 05:42 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Good luck everyone! I'm sure I'm going to suck since this will be my first year playing with you guys, but I just wanna have fun.

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236075
03/29/04 09:04 PM
03/29/04 09:04 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Well, it's finally here -- the first game less than nine hours away. Plus basketball going, too. As a gambler, I love April thru mid-June, when there's basketball and baseball to bet on, as well as September & October when there'e football and baseball.

Anyway, here's my analysis of the players for the upcoming season. The "probable odds" are for the first half only. Last season's cumulative scores in parentheses.

plawrence (8348): Waltzed through the first half last season, winning 4 or 5 weeks in a row at one point. Lost the second half to then-upstart Douche Bigelow (who went on to prove his fantasy mettle in basketball), but finished first in cumulative points by a comfortable margin. Coming off the four halves of his last two fantasy games (1st & 2nd in baseball, 1st and probably no worse that 2nd in basketball), PL has to be installed as the early favorite. Odds 5-2

Douche Bigelow (8004): First in last year's baseball second half, fourth in overall points. But had a slow start the first few weeks of the first half, and that cost him. Since then he's been the second strongest fantasy player on the Gangster BB, and his rivalry with PL will certainly be an historic one if they both hang around for the next few years. Has ice water in his veins and never gets rattled, although he has a tendency to whine too often. But at least he he gives you a "whine alert" when he does. A solid choice for second, but don't be shocked if he wins it all Odds 7-2

LaDolce Vita (8071): Probably the most experienced fantasy player here, and very knowledgable for a chick. Finished third in overall points last season, and might have finished second if JG didn't cheat by getting a one day head start on everyone. But here first love is football and the 49ers, so it's hard to see her winning. Besides, she is a chick. But a solid choice for third. Odds 5-1

JG (8097): Had been playing fantasy baseball for years, but it took about a week of playing with us newbies last year for him to learn the correct strategy. He definitely stepped his game up a notch to compete with people he knew, but it wasn't enough. Continued to make mistakes all of last season, like picking injured players, forgetting that Mike Piazza doesn't catch a day game after a night game, or not setting his roster. Finished third in the overall standings last season, but only because he got a one day head start. Has to rate slightly lower than LDV Odds 6-1

SC (6983): Showed flashes of brilliance last season, but has a problem paying attention. Had way too many days when he didn't change his roster. If he concentrates all season he could be a factor, but off of last year who knows if he will? Odds 8-1

Irishman (NY Goodfellas) (DNP last year):
No fantasy history here, but posts in other threads show that he knows his sports. Given the other players, I have a feeling he could be the best of the rest as long as he doesn't let his love of the Yankees influence his picks. Odds 10-1

Big Daddy Don (8004): Hasn't joined the league yet. Probably waiting to start 10 days late like he did last year, so he has a built in excuse for not winning. If he starts on time, he could be a factor, since if you give him an additional 400 points or so for the ten days he missed, he would have been right in the thick of the battle for second place in cumulative points last season. Still, it's hard to pick a wuss to win, and he's probably the biggest whiner around. Odds 15-1

MaryCas (Kraut Micks)(DNP last year): Hard to figure. Have the feeling that he's just trying the game out and won't last the season. A noted Thespian, he'll probably drop out as soon as he has to spend his time learning some new lines for a play or something. Still, has been a sports fan for probably 35 years or more, so he has the potential to figure the game out. But he was the morning line favorite in the NCAA Tournament game, and did nothing. Odds 25-1

fathersson (4375): Strictly a front runner. If he doesn't break on or near the top and stay there, he quickly loses heart and quits. Also handicapped by the fact that he doesn't play to win. Good thing spelling doesn't count in this game, either. Has a million differnt excuses why he doesn't do well, but if he specnt half as much time paying attention to the game as he does writing his long-winded posts criticizing others, he might do better. Odds 30-1

Tony Mosrite (Destroy Squad): Who knows? Missed too many days of Fantasy Basketball to get a good reading on him, but if he misses as many days of baseball, he won't go far. besides, what can a guy from the Southern hemisphere now about the Great American Pastime? Cuba or the Dominican Republic, OK. But Peru? Odds 50-1

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236076
03/29/04 09:42 PM
03/29/04 09:42 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
50-1 is too high for me, starting with the fact that I have no idea of which is my member name

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236077
03/29/04 09:51 PM
03/29/04 09:51 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Now that Pee-Lawrence has crowed all his bull crap over the thread, we can now begin the season.

I love the way you ass kiss some people. I will laugh each time I have a night better then you.

Remember Pee, some of do have a life and do do other things then fantasy sports! So what if we don't give our life away to make your game that much better. Eat your old heart out.

and if anyone pissed and moaned all season it was you! so cheer up stop being such a grouch!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236078
03/29/04 10:14 PM
03/29/04 10:14 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:

Remember Pee, some of do have a life and do do other things then fantasy sports!
See...there he goes. Making excuses before the season even starts :rolleyes:

Yeah, some of us have a life. I have a job that requires about 50-60 hours a week of my attention, plus a 15 year old son that I have on alternate weekends and for an occasional Nets game or dinner during the week, plus a 90 year old father that I have to attend to from time to time, plus a woman that I live with who has two kids (albeit grown and married) of her own, (and at your age, you can't possibly have a clue about the strain that kids from a previous marriage place on a relationship), plus an ex-wife who gets 25% of my gross income in child support even though she has a Masters Degree in Finance, is a Vice President of a major New York investment bank, and earns about five times what I do.

And with all that, I still have time to win at fantasy sports.

What's your life like?

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236079
03/29/04 10:30 PM
03/29/04 10:30 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Listen my friend, You have to simplify your life and get some of that stress removed.

Then again if Fantasy Sports is the love of your live, so be it. After reading your last post, I truely feel sorry for you my friend. I am not saying that in a bad way. Just that you have so much on your plate and much of it sounds like it is heavy on your shoulders. I tip my hat to you. No wonder you get up during the night with all that resting on you.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236080
03/29/04 10:45 PM
03/29/04 10:45 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Good Luck fellow competitors. It looks like Irish and I may compete for rookie of the year honors and plaw.....all that....stuff you have in your life is what makes you good at this game. You must live like a tightly wound rubber band. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236081
03/30/04 01:40 AM
03/30/04 01:40 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
[b]plawrence (8348): Waltzed through the first half last season, winning 4 or 5 weeks in a row at one point. Lost the second half to then-upstart Douche Bigelow (who went on to prove his fantasy mettle in basketball), but finished first in cumulative points by a comfortable margin. Coming off the four halves of his last two fantasy games (1st & 2nd in baseball, 1st and probably no worse that 2nd in basketball), PL has to be installed as the early favorite. Odds 5-2 [/b]
Plaw, I hope you wear a condom when you make your picks. Cuz all this self-stroking could ruin your keyboard! :p

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236082
03/30/04 01:54 AM
03/30/04 01:54 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I said it before, and again: these first two games are gonna suck. Ya can't pick who you want at every position. And to top it off, who knows who Piniella is gonna play?
Quote:

Going forward, Piniella isn't sure what the daily batting order will look like.

"We haven't really settled on a lineup," he said. "That's a strange thing to say before the season starts. We brought in a lot of new people this year, and we had a short spring training. It's created a little problem for us lineup-wise."
Great :rolleyes:

But hell, it's only 2 days. Not much to really worry about as it's a looooong freakin' season. (And besides, if Plaw does well and we don't, we can call it 'cheating' apparently!)

And Plaw - You forgot to mention I won the Yahoo Fantasy Football League. And you were, what, last? It's hard to remember... :p

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236083
03/30/04 02:23 AM
03/30/04 02:23 AM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
5-1, plaw? Oh you flatter me. Don't let my outward appearance fool you. I am definitely ALL girl on the outside, but on the inside not at all interested in shopping, Cosmo, recipes, babies or soap operas.

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
But her first love is football and the 49ers, so it's hard to see her winning.
While I do love my hometown Niners, I must tell you that I love baseball more than any other sport. I have been to more baseball games/stadiums than football and given the choice to watch either game live or on television I will choose baseball any day of the week. If I find myself suddenly living alone, it will be because I monopolized a few too many TV's during baseball season. But of course if I were to marry again, I would do my best to snag an MLB'er...just for season tickets alone.

You don't see me winning? I'll give you that. Although I have found myself perched on top many times, I sometimes lack the staying power and focus to stay at nubmer one. We play with some formidable foes, that is for sure. You give me 3rd out of 9? That's fair.

btw Pork your whine is showing!

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236084
03/30/04 02:27 AM
03/30/04 02:27 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
quote:
Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
btw Pork your whine is showing!
Oh, you said whine not wang... doh! :p

Damn, 1:30 already... not sure about 5am game...

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236085
03/30/04 04:12 AM
03/30/04 04:12 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
I'll be there. I'm warming up the TV now.

And I never said if you did well it was cheating. Starting the game a day before everyone else does, I guess is technically not cheating. But it's something. I'm just not sure what.

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236086
03/30/04 06:10 AM
03/30/04 06:10 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
spitoon. eww.

Anyway - let the Game begin!

Buona Fortuna!

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236087
03/30/04 06:14 AM
03/30/04 06:14 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I can't seem to view all y'all's lineups for today right now...

Here's mine

C Posada
1B Giambi
2B Sanchez
3B Rolls
SS Lugo
LF Matsui
CF Lofton
RF Sheff
DH Huff
PS D-Rays (needed to save $ )

I hope they all start... :rolleyes:

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236088
03/30/04 06:24 AM
03/30/04 06:24 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Matsui double + Giambi HR = Good for my offense
Matsui double + Giambi HR = Bad for my defense

Hey, Donnie Baseball!

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236089
03/30/04 06:28 AM
03/30/04 06:28 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Just woke up. Missed the first pitch

I have the same lineup, except for Hall, A Rod, and Tino.

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236090
03/30/04 06:38 AM
03/30/04 06:38 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Top o' the mornin', sleepy head

Lofton triple. Good and bad again. Maybe no PS would've been a good option after all? We'll see...

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236091
03/30/04 06:43 AM
03/30/04 06:43 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Something just occured to me...

The second game of this series is at 10 PM tonight, right? Since the rosters for today are already locked, in effect we have our first doubleheader :rolleyes: .

Hmmmm....I'm wondering if that would have affected my picks had I realized it.

I bet that crafty old Douche Bigelow did.

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236092
03/30/04 06:45 AM
03/30/04 06:45 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Huh? Tomorrow's game is at 5am, too... the rebroadcast of today's game is at 10pm.

Haven't mastered the fundamentals yet, Plaw? Have some more coffee...

Re: Baseball Challenge 2004 #236093
03/30/04 06:49 AM
03/30/04 06:49 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My first roster pick is for Wednesday's game!!?!

Page 4 of 143 1 2 3 4 5 6 142 143