So how DOES Pork affect my life hundreds of miles away from you Easterners? I received this email this morning from our Mayor:

Good morning everyone!

This is to let everyone know that the East Parking Lot in front of City Hall will be CLOSED starting at 3:00 AM tonight, through Sunday 3/28 for the First Annual 2004 Pork and Brew Bar-B-Que State Championship.

Employees will be able to park on the West Side of City Hall on Thursday, Mar.25th, until the end of the work day @ 5:00 p.m. on Thursday. After that, the west parking lot will also be barricaded and closed off for the Pork and Brew.
----
Pork and Brew? Sounds like something Geoff and Bethie would conjure up on a free Saturday night!

MC- we make plenty of fun of team names. Geoff has heard all of the "other white meat" jokes. We also have crab (and now kraut) to go with that entree. And true, DB is the nicest guy here - so we do not touch Douche Bigalow with a ten foot pole . But we love it when Kerry Wood, Woody or Millwood pitch and we watch all the guys brag about the strength and depth of their wood.

Sick bunch, indeed - but it DOES all come down to the game. These guys know their baseball.

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....