With the sad and tagic events of the death of our beloved Holy Father His Holiness Pope John Paul II I have been doing a little bit of research into him and some of the former Popes. Anyways I find it odd that in The Godfather Part III that not only does it take place in the wrong year 1979 as opposed to 1978, I also find it odd that the Cardinal that becomes Pope John Paul I not only doesn't look like the real John Paul I but also has a different name. In the movie in 1979 Pope Paul VI died and then Cardinal Lamberto was elected to become Pope John Paul I and then he died about a month later at the hands of the Archbishop. In real life Pope Paul VI died and on August 26, 1978, Cardinal Albino Luciani was elected to become Pope John Paul I and then died of natural causes on September 28, 1978 33 days after being elected. I wonder why history was changed? Probably to protect the image of John Paul I but then again being his reign was so short it has been suspected that he was murdered anyways. Any Thoughts?

Pippi

His Holiness Pope John Paul II
(Cardinal Karol Józef Wojtyła 1920 - 2005)

Rest In Peace Holy Father