It may only be a game, but any game worth playing is worth playing to win. I'm certain that JG, LD, BD and DB, the others who played every single day (except for BD, of course, who started 10 days late), wanted to win every bit as much as I did.

I'm wondering if you sit in a poker game with the same attitude "It's only a game, you play for the fun and enjoyment". If that's the case, I'd be happy to sit across the table from you and take your money anytime. In 40 years of poker playing, I can tell you that the only winners are those who play to win. The fun and enjoyment guys usually make an early exit.

Your goals? Sounds to me like you were making excuses before you even started. This game was certainly nothing but fun for me, added no pressure whatsoever to my everyday life, and never seemed like "work without pay". I enjoyed it a great deal, and even cemented a few "cyber-friendships" which I didn't have before.

Did this game make me arrogant and hard? Please. It's all trash talk. If it seemed as though I was a little harder on you, well, so be it. If anyone else here found me arrogant, please accept my apologies. :rolleyes:

Finally, I don't see how Bethie dropping out has anything to do with anything, unless you're assuming that you would have beaten her. Fact remains, of the 7 people who played every day, you finished 6th. And seemed satisfied to do so. And how am I knocking those below me? All I said was JJ, OA and HH didn't play, so beating them was no achievement.

Now, a weekly poker game? See above. Just tell me where and when. It would be my pleasure. Or do you play poker to win because money is involved? I mean, it is just a game. :p

"Difficult....not impossible"