Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
Not many are going to play very hard. Shit they drop and change pitchers/players so they can rest up for the playoffs so no matter who you pick it may just be a small workout to keep them loose, so you are screwed anyway, no matter what team or player you pick! Christ most players last night either didn't play or went in and came out like a Chinese fire drill
Not exactly. One of the fundamentals of the game is to identify which players will play and go all out, which is easy enough to do. Just pick players from teams who still have something at stake. That's no guarantee that they'll do well, of course, but at least it pretty much guarantees that they'll play.

Quote:
Like we said before, We all knew what was happening, it was who could get the most points from what we had to work with. So lets not think anyone was that smart with mumbo jumbo bullshit. You don't think we all didn't factor in these things when we went our own ways?
I'm not sure what you mean by "it was who could get the most points from what we had to work with". We all have the same thing to "work with", don't we? Isn't that what the game is all about?

And the "mumbo jumbo bullshit"; I'm not sure what you mean by that, either.

And no, I don't think everyone factored in all these things. Clearly, based on some of the picks, everyone did not.

Quote:
If you are going to gamble you have to take a pitching staff that can give you both games or also gamble that they could put you in negative numbers! That is the real gamble if you want to get ahead!
More fundamentals: The basis for picking a PS in a doubleheader is the positive 54 you start off with before the first pitch is even thrown.

Even if you give up 7 or 8 runs and 20 or so hits, with a decent strikeout-walk ratio, and at least one win, you wind up with more points than you would for a well pitched one game win.

It's far from an all or nothing proposition.

Quote:
As it was we did see a young player pitch one hell of a game
Finally. Something I agree with. :rolleyes:

"Difficult....not impossible"