Alright, I just got back from a meeting. Of course on my cab ride over, I'm not thinking about the issues regarding my meeting, but whether there were 5 or 6 families!

In any case, my initial thought is (and I might have to pull my book out once I get it out of storage for further clarification) that there were 5 families (including the Corleone's). I acknowledge that all the references in the movie that plaw eloquently cited in the other thread has made it confusing and could lead others to believe it was 6.

My thinking is that it is well known that New York is controlled by the 5 families. The title "5 Families" represented control over politicians, gambling, prostitution, and other vices. With the nomenclature of the "5 Families" so prevalent, why would the Corleone's, supposedly the most powerful of all the families (whether 5 or 6), be left out of that grouping? It makes sense to me that they would be included. In any case, I still have to pull out my book, so I may change my opinion at a later date.

Getting back to business...

No afternoon games today. We have a good variety of pitching staffs today, so we may see some movement (preferably for the silver and below!)