Quote:
Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
And what does want to crow about? Being in 2nd place? He isn't in 1st place and hasn't been in some time....
Considering what place I was in about 12 or 13 days ago, I think I've got plenty to crow about.

About one good day's worth of points out of first, a solid win for the week, the rebuilding of my overall total lead, and the opportunity to be so close to you that you can feel my hot breath on your neck.

It's just a matter of time, now, Buff. Just a matter of time. I'm on a hot streak. You should have seen some of the cards I pulled yesterday.

Lemme tell you about the best pot of the game:

7 card stud. $10 and $20 game. I start with a pair of nines in the hole. First round is a $10 bet, 2 callers, $30 in the pot.

Fourth street, the guy to my right shows a pair of eights. He bets $20, I call, the guy on my left calls. $90 in the pot.

Fifth street, I buy a nine on board. I have three nines now. The guy with the eights bets $20 again. I call, don't raise, trying to keep the guy on my left in, who looks like a possible straight. The guy on my left raises $20. The guy with eights raises him $20 (he could have eights full already, so I don't raise). I call, and the possible straight (actually he had it already) calls. $270 in the pot.

Sixth street (what we poker players call "the turn"), I hit my a pair of threes on board. I now have nines full. The eights check. He knows the straight is going to bet, and is planning to raise. I check, knowing the guy with the straight is going to bet. He bets $20, the guy with the eights calls. I raise $20. The guy with the straight calls. The guy with the eights (turns out he was full already, but didn't raise the straight the first time because he was trying to keep me in!) raises $20 (He figures me for threes full). I raise him $20. Both call. $510 in the pot.

Last card (what we call "the river"), the eights check. I bet $20, they both call. $570 pot, I win with nines full .

This is Atlantic City. The best poker players in the east at this level (of course, there are better players in the bigger games). And you think your gonna take me in a fantasy baseball league? Ha!

"Difficult....not impossible"