Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I have no problem with the run that scored on the error being unearned, but the pitcher did give up a homer. Seems to me that should be an earned run.

Same scenario: After the error, the pitcher gets tatooed. Gives up homers, doubles, walks, and 6 runs. All unearned? Makes no sense.
The pitcher should've been out of the inning, but the fielding error caused him to continue. It's not the pitchers fault (well, unless he caused the error himself), so why should he be penalized with a higher ERA?

I don't think you necessarily need 2 outs to get unearned runs, either.

What I DO hate, a lot, I probaby mentioned already. I forget. But how a starter can leave the 8th inning with like a 10-2 lead, clearly winning the game. Then the releavers come in and give up 8 runs, tieing the game. The team wins anyway, and the same reliever who gave up those 8 runs ends up being the winner of the game. WTF is that bullshit? Happend to Mo Rivera last week. Total bullshit, IMHO.

And damn you, PL, for having over 40 pts already with a negative PS score for game one... argh! At least I have Sexson though ... :p

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations