Hey, I was looking at one of the Fantasy Baseball web chat transcripts, this one hosted by Steve Gardner on USAToday. I copied some of it but - does the third one sound familiar?

Murfreesboro, TN: Is Terrance Long the Odd Man Out in Oakland? Can Eric Byrnes really be this good? How has he fared in the minor's?

Steve Gardner: Long doesn't give the A's a whole lot offensively -- he doesn't hit particularly well for average or power and he doesn't steal as many bases as you'd think for a guy who's pretty fast.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

boise, id: good morning steve. love the chat. is it time to cut bait with konerko? my other option at 1b is dimitri young who has been hot. i need to make room for oswalt coming off the dl. also can you rank these pitchers for the rest of the season: buehrle, peavy, lawrence, bhkim, webb. thanks a bunch.

Steve Gardner: Young is a better option right now.

I have to think Buehrle will get things turned around in Chicago. Unless he's hiding some sort of an injury he should be a lot better than a 2-8 pitcher.

Put Buehrle first, then Kim, Peavy, Lawrence and Webb.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Mexico, PA: Steve, I just fell out of second place because I was at a wedding reception and quite drunk and was not able to make the necessary roster change. I don't believe that is fair - who do I talk to about that? Also I am concerned because I bearly beat out for the week a guy that is not even playing anymore. He hasn't changed his roster one bit the entire week, where I slave over stats each day, for what, to pick up 20 points on him? Damnit I hate this game.

Steve Gardner: Hey NM - face it, you had your run, time for somebody else now - you couldn't get it done. I noticed how you didn't mention that your offense got you a whopping 13 points on Sunday - gee I guess that had nothing to do with falling from second place. My suggestion is to enjoy third place for soon you be hitting fourth.

Montreal, Canada: Hello, I would like to know if there is something wrong with Tim Salmon : he is being replaced almost every other day and he slumped for the last three weeks. Thank's in advance.

Steve Gardner: He's just struggling at the plate and he's getting some time off to get his head straight. It's just one of those things players go through. He'll be back.