Quote:
Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
Me TOOO!!!!!!! DB, we must quit sharing a brain like this....although your Cubs pick? That was ballsy...in San Fran? Yikes.

I was SOOOOOOO conflicted last night - like I WANTED to pick the Orioles but couldnt bring myself to do so. Logic says pitching 2 decent innings even with nothing special can get you at LEAST 20 points. But no matter how I sliced it, I couldnt put my faith in those pitchers. Plus the forecast is not just for scattered T storms but T Storms with many lighting bolts. Although nowadays, they hardly postpone games for rain, it has to be raining cats and dogs.

Plawrence is behind me by only 8 points. Most likely, he will pass me today but his ascent will only be temporary.

Is it mean of me to wish and pray for a rainout in Detroit? Then I wont feel so bad about picking the Moose - who has NEVER let me down
I'm from Chicago and you just can't count out Prior against anybody. My feeling is, they got the shutout yesterday out of their systems and the bats come out today! At least that's what I tell myself!

And I didn't mention it earlier, but I agree with both you and JG. It doesn't look like the rain will stop anytime soon (I checked the hour by hour chart on weather.com- what has this game done to me?! ) and also, the chance of way negative points just didn't appeal to me with the uncertainty of that pitching staff.

But who knows... plaw can turn out to be a genius. I believe there's been two doubleheaders this year. I chose the right PS on the first one (Montreal), and I passed up on the Mets/D-backs just recently when the D-backs got 60+ points.

Once again, I ask, what has this game done to me? :p