Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
Looking at the scoring system, it appeared to me that having a good offensive lineup would be more important than pitching. So what's the strategy? Change your pitching staff every day? Does the value of the staff change radically from day to day, depending on who's starting?
Okay, let's see... Yes, a team that pitches a winning game, with lots of strikeouts and minimal runs/walks/hits will outscore the best hitter twice over. Player/PS values change weekly, Sunday night, so you can swap all week w/o worrying about salary, but like every other "player," if you swap and want it back, it'll be at whatever the new price is. You can get away with picking and keeping a good overall pitching staff.

Also, you say that you won't be posting your team. Does that mean we don't get to see the other team rosters?

I won't be posting "tomorrow's" team, but BBC has always allowed you to see "today's" locked team for everyone, as well as previous days.

And another question: The scoring system says you get +3 for an inning pitched. Does that mean that you get a +24 or +27 every game automatically?

Yeah, that's right. But you are subtracted points for every walk, hit, run. That's how I ended up with -4 points for pitching yesterday.

I see that this game will require daily attention.

It doesn't have to, if you're happy with your team and pitching staff, you can just let it go. I'd check it for injuries now and then, though. You won't maximize your points this way.

BTW, I see your strategy..Study for weeks, then tell everyone to join a day before the thing starts I think your first 19 points shouldn't count.

Yeah, right! I picked my roster the same as everyone else, I just did it Saturday night. I didn't even think (remember) to play until then. As soon as I did, I thought to post it here so others could jump in for Day 1. Anyway, 19 points isn't that great, trust me And since I've been doing this since 1997, I always try to beat my previous scores, so I wasn't about to not play Day 1

I'm not an expert, trust me. My strategy is as I've been telling you. The "real" top players in this game swap players every single day practically, which I don't understand because they're always paying top price and eventually your overall quality goes down that way. They just must be psychic or something.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations