Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I'm in. What an ordeal. :rolleyes: Picking the friggin' team and getting under the cap took almost an hour! And I certainly could have used some more study time. I haven't even bought a baseball magazine yet.

Two Questions:
How do you view the rosters that the other group members have selected?
If I have a player whose value goes up $200,000, let's say, I get to keep him automatically, even if that puts me over the cap, right? But suppose one guy goes up $200,000 and another goes down $200,000. Can I trade the one who lost value for a player worth $200,000 more?
Plawrence, I don't know the answer to your first question- I'll look at the league later and come back with an answer.

As for the second one, you are correct that you get to keep him. By "buying" a player at certain price, you lock him at that price. Say you were right at $50 million and you have Sosa at $6 million. Even if he goes up to $8 million, you are still locked in at $6 even though, theoretically, your roster is value at $52. That's why it's imperative that you keep some players on your roster even though they are not playing on a particular day because you want them at those bargain values.

On the other hand, say a players value goes down... For example, say you were at $50 million and Sosa at $6 million, but then his value goes down to $5 million. There should be a button there that says "Renegotiate" or something to that effect such that the value applied to you for Sosa is $5 million, meaning your roster is worth $49 million. That means you have $1 million wiggle room to upgrade in any of your roster spots.

Well that's it. I hope that I made some sense!