I got the idea for this thread after Hollywood Hagan called Jason Kidd a sissy for blowing a kiss before shooting a free throw.

I know that many of us played organized sports in our youth, or some of us still play organized sports now. Are there any superstitions or rituals that you had on game day or practice or anything that you'd like to share?

When I was in high school, I had a bunch. I had to wear the same t-shirt under my shoulder pads for games. It was my P.E. shirt from 9th grade, and it got quite torn and tattered by the time I stopped playing. I had a necklace that I always wore during games. I also taped a lucky penny to my shoulder pads, and I would keep that penny there until we lost, then I would increase it to a nickel. Then I'd keep that there until we lost again, and then increase it to a dime, and so on. In the locker room, I always had to listen to "Mama Said Knock You Out" on my headphones before going out on the field (a ritual that I carried with me to college - I would listen to that song before big exams). I would never tie my cleats until I got to the sideline (as opposed to tying them in the locker room), and I always ate a 100 Grand candy bar before games.