Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
Myeah, I'd expected this reponse.
Maybe I should have made myself more clear: what I don't like is that Sony suddenly moves to a controller that has these kind of functions (altough limited). To me it's too obvious that they have got the idea of using a move sensor from Nintendo.
Your exposition is irrelevant - as I've said before, tilt has been around even before Nintendo (who copied it from NeoGeo?) and a comparison between the Wiimote and the PS3 pad (or the 360's pad) is extraneous since they are so fundamentally different.

Certainly Sony had to come up with something to counter the fact that they lost the rights to DualShock, so is it really surprising they've unvailed this tilt? They probably weren't even planning on it until after they lost the lawsuit.

Again, as I said before, the allegations of Sony copying Nintendo (in this particular case) are pretty weak, since the tilt function has been done before (and not exclusively by Nintendo) and the Wiimote is designed for a full range of motion, while the PS3 controller only recieves 6 tilt inputs.