I read about this earlier this morning. Not surprising, but at least it'll be a worldwide release this fall, rather than a fall release for Japan, Spring '07 release for the USA. If that were the case, Sony would have virtually no chance of winning the next-gen console war.

As for the 60GB HD add-on: If it's something that is necessary to actually use the PS3 to play PS3 games, they would absolutely have to package it in with the PS3. It would be career suicide on Sony's part not to do so. It'd be one thing if the HD was only needed to play certain games (like PS2's was necessary for FFXI), but to not package something that is actually needed to make the system function as an actual gaming system would be stupid.

Now what I do think will happen is they'll pull something similar to what Microsoft did with the 360. They'll release two packages: the core system, with very little else, and a bundle package, with the system, maybe 2 wireless controllers, a year's subscription to their "new-and-improved" web-service, that sorta thing.

I also read in PSM that they will only be releasing the PS3 in one color scheme at first, the silver one. A lot of consumers are angered at this, but its a smart move on Sony's part. If they were to release 3 different colors of the PS3, they may be stuck with a million+ unsold systems, just because people don't like the color. And the PS3 won't have removable face-plates either.

I'll most likely be getting one this fall at release, but I may wait a little. Sony is notorious for having faulty hardware at launch.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis