Quote:
Originally posted by dragonwrangler95:
btw I miss Tecmo Bowl Days
psst...emulation

---

Update:

Passing - Sweet, I own passing. I mastered the routes, and playing with the Bills, it's nice to utilize both Lee Evans (the high-speed wideout) and Eric Moulds (the All-Pro catcher) in different situations. Evans has an easier time blowing away the coverage in pursuit situations, but Moulds has a better chance of getting more yards after the catch because of his experience.

Running - You can really see where this game shines. I ran over some teams like Pittsburgh, and I barely ran for 75 last night against the Panthers. First game where the team profiles are really, really accurate.

Defense - Okay, the LB and DB adjustments are not only cool, but crucial...when you play Jerry Rice, it's a good idea to toss an extra cover man on him But anyways, it's great. I use Gildon as my on-the-fly blitzer, and usually have London Fletcher lay back in coverage or zone in on the RB. Takeo Spikes and, if he's in, Jeff Posey, are usually the two guys I use to cover the runner. It's pretty cool.

Overall - Great game, but I reduced the quarter length from 8 minutes to 5. As much as I like football, it still drags on if you are either getting blown out or blowing out the other team and going through the motions. When it's a close game though, I love it. Haha, great game.

BTW - Pat et all, you all sound like this is a brand new series to the market...for the last 6 years, the 2K/ESPN series has been competing with Madden (and yes, all the other games cost $39.99 Dreamcast and eventually $49.99 on PS2/X-Box). :p